Friday, May 27, 2016

#LaundryGoesOddEven In My Family

When a city in order to curb pollution devise new and effective methods should not family sort out the issues by taking a cue from the #ODDEVEN theme ?

Putting the previous line into perspective, The city is Delhi. In order to face the air pollution as well as mindboggling traffic the city administration has devised Odd Even strategy where there will be odd numberplate vehicles run on odd days and on even day the vehicles with even number plate will run. there are some terms and condition for needy and emergency situations. Like the city facing pollution and traffic issues most of the household are facing issue in the cosmopolitan era where both husband and wife are working but the household chores are always perceived a women's job.


Exactly the same question was asked by Ariel and the answer is 3/4 of surveyed male opined that Household chores are womens job, The man's task is to earn.

Ariel's solution to the problem is simple #LaundryGoesOddEven

So in the 21st century when women are doing joining and succeeding in workforces is it right ? Women are staying out of home like most men do. If not working they are managing home better than any MBA can do. 

So being a man, the time has come to support our spouse with #LaundryGoesOddEven


We also implemented the same in our home. To be honest it was a great fun filled week. Generally I help my wife in preparing foods but still she is very much occupied in other work like cleaning, arranging and keeping the home in a lively shape.
My first day at washing machine was a learning experience, I put all the clothes in the tub, but my wife instructed first to sort the dresses according to colour or category like jeans, bedsheets etc. then the washing machine has several programmes for different type of wash. Till date I thought one has to put the clothes and detergent in washing machine and it is cleaned and semi dried. But the whole process of cleaning was a learning and on our Sunday it was 20-80 effort. 20% from my side.

I tried to balance my poor performance by preparing some light dinner for both of us the next day because I came home earlier and prepared a simple Paneer burji. She made some Rotis after coming from office and appreciated my effort.

My next effort on washing the clothes was 4 days later on an Friday evening. I tried to use my learning and I think I was able to clean the clothes. ( Or was it Ariel ?) some small effort from my side made the week so beautiful and there was a lot of time for each other. I will definitely continue with this and not only #LaundryGoesOddEven but also other household chores will be for both of us.




I am taking part in the #LaundryGoesOddEven Challenge by Ariel India at BlogAdda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs